GATE Exam Syllabus and percentage calculator cut off details 2017
The GATE exam which is nothing but Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering in which the exam will be conducted every year. The GATE exam is conducted for the candidates who are willing in joining courses in engineering and so that to test the knowledge of the candidate in aptitude. The candidate with good knowledge in aptitude can be able to write the examination and can get pass marks in the examination and if he/she passes the examination, they can about to join the engineering courses or else they cannot be able to join. The examination will be conducted on the year of 2017 in which the dates for the GATE 2017 had been given below and the syllabuses are also available.
Dates of GATE 2017
- The notification for the GATE 2017 exam will be available on the month of August 2016 so that the candidates can be able to know about the details of the examination.
- The application which can be provided online will be available from the month of September 2016.
- The ending date for the availability of application forms will be at the month of October 2016.
- After the online registration, the admit cards for the candidates will be available at the month of December in which the candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall when he/she holds or brings admit card.
Then finally the GATE 2017 examination which will be conducted in form of online will be conducted on the month of January and February 2017. The results for the GATE 2017 exam will be announced at the month of March 2017.
Gate 2017 Syllabus
The GATE examinations will be conducted for different courses in engineering like as given below,
- Agricultural Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mathematics and so on in different courses that belongs to engineering.
The syllabus for the each and every courses will be available during the notification of the examination in which the students can make use of the syllabus for the examination. The syllabus consists of the study materials in which have to be studied like which portion will be asked in the examination and so on. So the candidate will have clear idea in what they are studying in the separate course so that type of questions will be asked in the examination.
The candidates are asked to make use of the dates given and to prepare for the examination very well so that to get qualify in the GATE examination and to get courses in engineering in different best colleges. The date mentioned will be the exact date so that the candidates can be able know the dates of the examination and can be get prepared for the payment of fees, registration of application and so on.
Calculation of GATE cutoff percentile
The calculation of the cutoff percentile of the GATE examination is not that hard because it’s a simple process of calculation of the GATE marks. The GATE cut-off percentile can be calculated as given below,
P = ((N – Rank of the Candidate)/N) * 100
Note: P is Percentile, N is the number of students who have appeared in the examinations in total. The example calculation of the cut-off percentile for the GATE examination is given below,
If the rank of the candidate is 100 and the number of students appeared for the examination is approximately 18000, then the percentile will be,
P equals ((18000-100)18000*100) which will be equal to 99.44%.