UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 – Schedule, Notification, Syllabus
The Civil Services Preliminary Examination for recruitment of civil services is being conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India (UPSC). The notification for the Civil Services Preliminary Exam will be announced today 07.02.2018. The exam will be conducted in the month of June and the last date of the application will be 06.03.2018. The students who are interested in applying for the vacancies in the Civil Services can apply for the exams using the link given below this article after reading the instructions and making sure of their eligibility.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 Schedule
- Date of Notification: 02.2018
- Last date to Apply: 03.2018
- Date of Examination: 06.2018
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination CSAT Syllabus
The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers that focuses on the comprehensive analytic abilities and understanding rather than memorizing. Both the papers test the aptitude of applicants in general knowledge and the basic structure of Indian government and comprehensive abilities like reasoning, communication and problem solving.
Paper – 1 (General Studies)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).